Therese Kingsbury has been given permission by the property owner of a storefront in a prominent location on Pioneer Way in Downtown Oak Harbor (on Whidbey Island) to have a pop-up sculpture gallery for the entire month of April. It will also involve local businesses, City Hall and the Chamber.
- 4 Saturday evening events between 5 and 7 pm. Starting on April 8th.
- The space is amazing, the lighting is perfect and we will have a ton of publicity!
- The gallery will be open 7 days a week from 11 to 7 pm
- Carving demonstrations every Saturday (volunteers?)
- We hope to have a map and a walking tour connected to the gallery
- Possibility of a public jury
- Great Exposure for NWSSA: the final weekend is the largest event we have, Holland Happening. Last year 60,000 people attended.
- The Arts Commission has agreed to consider all art and make a recommendation to the City Council to purchase at least one and maybe 2 works.
There is no cost to participate, but there will be a 20% commission at sale of a sculpture to Oak Harbor's Mainstreet Fund to promote this event in the next calendar year.