Membership in NWSSA is $50.00 per year. Members receive a subscription to our bi-monthly journal SCULPTURE NORTHWEST, voting privileges, and discounted member rates at NWSSA symposia and workshops. Newsletter subscription without membership is $35.00 (U.S.) per year. Student membership is $35.00
Currently, there are approximately 200 members, mostly living in the western US and Canada. Leadership is provided by elected officers, a board of directors, volunteer symposium directors, and various working groups all who rotate through their positions every few years, encouraging everyone to get involved.
You don't have to be a member to attend symposia or receive the newsletter, but being a member gets you discounts and other benefits.
How we benefit
- Community of carvers from beginner to master professional
- Fun, inclusive environment for all levels of sculptor
- Tool discounts from selected providers
- Access to bi-monthly publication Sculpture Northwest (hard copy and/or online)
- Access to members only area of website (includes: up to 10 years of Sculpture Northwest (more to come), tool and technique tips, member interviews, and beginners corner)
- Access to "grindopedia" - online tool manual (work in progress, currently at 14 articles)
- Participation in members-only group shows
- Link to your website with a brief bio and images on NWSSA.org
- Discount on both of our annual symposiums
Particularly successful are the major symposia, workshops, and shows held throughout the year. Camp Pilgrim Firs and Camp Suttle Lake are both known for their amazing sense of sharing and involvement. The organization is very active and provides plenty of opportunities to get involved and help if you want, or just partake and enjoy if you'd rather. The members represent a wide variety of education and experience, giving the association an incredible blend of masters and students, who offer support and friendship that is much appreciated in the art community.
Organizational officers and a board of directors are elected by the membership on an annual basis.