- Last Updated: Thursday, 31 January 2019 23:32
General Meeting And Executive Board Meeting of the Northwest Stone Sculptors Association
at Camp Pilgrim Firs, Port Orchard Washington
General Meeting (7:30pm)
- King County relationship
- Herbert George
- 4- Culture – Kabota Garden
- Financial Report - Reviewed
- Election to Fill Three Board Positions
- Nominations were for Ken Barnes, Doug Wiltshire, Constance Jones, and Michael Yeaman
- Voting by members resulted in Ken Barnes, Doug Wiltshire, and Constance Jones being elected to the open board positions.
Meeting Called to Order at 8:30pm
- Carl Nelson President
- Ken Barnes Vice President (Absent)
- Ben Mefford Treasurer
- Steve Galea Secretary
- Patty McPhee Director
- Michael Yeaman Director
- Pat Barton Director
- Steve Sandry Director
- Rick Johnson Director
- Doug Wiltshire Director (Absent)
Election of Executive Board
The first order of business was the election of executive officers, which proceeded following the vacating of each position, motions being made and seconded to nominate and elect, in the order of President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary, Carl Nelson, Ken Barnes (inabsentia), Ben Mefford, and Steve Galea.
The agenda for the meeting was approved unanimously by the board, and reads as follows:
- E-mail Voting
- King County Parks business
- Budgeting Events
- Youth Programs
- New Business
The Board reviewed a proposed process for the Board to follow to allow E-mail voting by the Board on future decisions that come before it. The proposed process consists of the following 3 primary steps:
- Announcement, a 2 week period which follows the initial communication of a request to the Board for a decision requiring Board approval.
- 48 hours for discussion via e-mail or conference call(s).
- 48 hours for voting (Quorum dependent).
King County Parks (KCP) business discussion
The Marymore Park Proposal was discussed. Scott Thomas is the identified Point of Contact with KCP. The board was expecting a decision from KCP around July 30th. There was concern about the number of plenths, and their ownership.
There was discussion about whether insurance needs to be part of event budgets.
The board voted to decide “that when an event is proposed, the Treasurer produces an insurance allocation estimate appropriate for the event, which is subject to board approval”.
The Board granted Carl Nelson authority to explore youth programs for NWSSA.
A proposal was made and unanimously approved to expand the Board by 1 position.
Michael Yeaman was nominated and unanimously approved to fill the new position.
A motion was made and approved to request that the Pilgrim Firs Symposium director reimburse John Schmidt for the accidental damage to his art on the field.
A decision was made that the organization acquire a new projector.